This is an online course due to COVID-19 restrictions. The course is intended for anyone working with children or young people, in either a paid or a voluntary capacity, in Mosques, Madrassas & Muslim-led organisations.
This course is suitable for all persons and will provide an understanding of safeguarding which can be used in a workplace, activity group or any instance where a person comes into contact with children or adults at risk.
The course provides learners with the knowledge to identify a safeguarding concern, listen and appropriately record a disclosure, and report to the appropriate person.
Who should attend
- Anyone 18+ who works or volunteers in an activity where they might come in to contact with children or adults at risk
- Safeguarding legislation and guidance
- Key safeguarding roles
- Different types of abuse
- Signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Actions to take if a safeguarding concern arises
- Three hours live online (there will be some pre-course reading and preparation)
- 8th October 2020 – 5pm-8pm – BOOK NOW
- The qualification is assessed by professional discussion with the trainer/assessor and evidenced by a recorded video call. The learner has a maximum of 60 minutes to complete the assessment
Delegates are recommended to have a minimum of level 2 literacy to cope with the course
Delegates must be eighteen years of age, and above
On successful completion, students will be awarded a Level 1 Awareness in Safeguarding certificate. The qualification is regulated in the UK and awarded by First Aid Awards (FAA). FAA are an Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual and the qualification sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
This Awareness in Safeguarding course is a nationally recognised. Ofqual regulated qualification accredited by First Aid Awards Ltd. Ofqual Register number for this course is 603/5635/2
Download the information brochure HERE
Get in touch if you would like us to do a session for your organisation: firstname.lastname@example.org